For those students applying for the Regional Gifted Center, you must fill out an Options for Knowledge application and submit it to the Office of Academic Enhancement for testing. The only attendance requirement for the Gifted Program is that you reside within the boundaries of the city. Busing is provided if you live between 39th street north and 75th street south.

If you are applying for the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme, you must fill out the Standard application which is also available on the Office of Academic Enhancement website.

The Chicago Board of Education requires satisfactory verification of an attendance area address and parents or court appointed guardian prior to student enrollment at Andrew Carnegie Elementary School.

All ORIGINAL documents are required to be in the parent's or legal guardian's name to verify attendance area residency.  These documents include (but are not limited to) those listed below:

TO ESTABLISH PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP, an original birth certificate or original court guardianship document must be presented. In addition, a picture ID (driver's license or state ID) of the parent/guardian enrolling the student is required. 

Proof of Residency Documentation Required 

TO ESTABLISH LEGAL RESIDENCE IN THE CARNEGIE ATTENDANCE AREA, the parent/guardian must present the original copy of the lease/mortgage and two of the following documents:

    • Current utility bills, i.e., gas, light and / or telephone (original) - Not a cell phone 
    • Pre-printed IRS tax returns forms
    • Bank Statements
    • Credit card statements
    • Renters, homeowners or automobile insurance premium statement
    • Cable TC statements (original)
    • Illinois Department of Public Aid Card
    • MediPlan/Medicaid Card
    • Original voter's registration form

Please note that the address may be verified and visited by Carnegie School Security staff and enrollment will be rescinded if fraud is found. Also, all lease agreements must be valid for the current school year.

Proof of Age (Kindergarten enrollees must be 5 on or beforeSeptember 1st)

    • Child's original birth certificate
    • Child's baptismal record
    • Passport
    • Court Documents